DBR > Quests
Before any quests can start, you must trigger the introduction. If you have already finished the dark brotherhood questline, the trigger will start provided you have done the following things:
- You have talked to Nazir about restoring the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- You leave the sanctuary, maybe you go to Delvin Mallory and discuss upgrades with him (you don't have to buy anything)
- You return to the Dawnstar Sanctuary and enter via the *NORMAL* entrance, not the secret entrance
If you still are unable to start the quest after following these instructions, it can be forced by typing in console commands:
setstage bdbq01 0 setstage bdbqa1 10
Skipping the Original Dark Brotherhood Questline
If for some reason, you don't want to play the entire Dark Brotherhood questline to try this mod, there is a shortcut:
- Join the Dark Brotherhood by doing the first quest. Walthrough here
- Enter the Falkreath sanctuary for the first time, and then leave.
- Type 'SetStage DB11 0'
- Wait a few seconds for the messages to stop
- Follow the quest until you talk to nazir and he mentions going to the DawnStar Sanctuary
- Either finish the last dark brotherhood quest (it ties into the mod backstory) or leave the sanctuary and then type 'setstage DB11 80'
- After talking to Nazir in the Dawnstar Sanctuary, leave and re-enter, the mod should now start